The Neville Childhood Epilepsy Centre is the first purpose-built centre for paediatric epilepsy in the UK.
The state-of-the-art building, funded by major donors, hosts a wide range of diagnostic, assessment and rehabilitation services for young people aged three to 19 with epilepsy and other neurological conditions, including:
- state-of-the-art electroencephalogram (EEG) equipment in specially designed, child-friendly suites
- on-site paediatric neurologists and specialist nurses
- on-site speech and language therapists, physiotherapists, psychologists and occupational therapists
- video telemetry to monitor and record seizures as they occur
- a multidisciplinary professional team
- a personalised epilepsy management package
- rehabilitation for acquired brain injury
- family-friendly accommodation and a home-from-home feel
Families of children or young people undergoing assessment or rehabilitation can stay in the fully furnished apartments in the on-site Tesco Charity Trust Parent Suite.
The Neville Childhood Epilepsy Centre is also the base for a coordinated programme of international paediatric epilepsy research across Young Epilepsy and other institutions, including the Institute of Child Health at University College London and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children.